Wednesday, April 3, 2013

It's real, folks.

Two major things have happened lately.. Yesterday I turned in my official notice that I am resigning from my school district. Today my British passport application officially arrived in Washington, DC at the UK Embassy. I guess this means it is officially official. I (and my brave husband) am seriously quitting my job to travel for 9 months and live like a gypsy. The only upside is I do have a home to come back to, I am not perpetually on the road. I have also calculated how much vaccinations will be to visit the other places on itinerary where I may catch some crazy disease, and have decided to wait until I leave this country where medical care is ridiculously priced... And this advice is coming from a health professional at the state health department! I just want to thank Barbara at the UF Health Center in Jacksonville for the advice to wait to get to a country where they have universal healthcare. Gotta love it. I would much rather do that than spend around 1300 on vaccinations when all is said and done. Redic.

We have just had Spring Break here, which means we only have 9 weeks left of school after this week... After that I have 10 weeks of YMCA Summer Camp and then a month-ish to prepare before heading home and shipping off from Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport. ATL Here we come. I feel a bit overwhelmed, but I know with hard work and meticulous saving this will all work out. A UK passport may come in handy, too. So I hope those kind folks at the Embassy give me the a-o.k. and I get that maroon passport to match my blue one. All I can think in my mind is, "eeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!" with anticipation and nervousness for this all to be officially real. That day is sure to come sooner than I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment