Sunday, August 18, 2013

Yesterday was a wake-up to reality.. Our kind friends, Paul and Kerrie, threw a joint Birthday/Bon Voyage party for my hubs Paul and I last night. It was so much fun, and we both enjoyed seeing all the people we care about before we leave Jacksonville.. Which is in 13 days. The question I kept getting was: "Are you excited?" to which is a simple reply, "Yes!". Next was "Are you nervous"... "....Yes....".. Then came "Are you ready? Are all your things packed up?" And that's when it hit me... My anxiety kicked in and I went into a panic. We leave in less than 2 weeks and I've only packed a few boxes. The garage sale stuff is a MESS. We have no place to stay in our first stop. How am I going to get the sofa out of the door? What if the POD does not fit all of our stuff? What the heck am I bringing in my bag? All these questions have flown around my brain since I got in bed last night.

Today I picked out the clothes I'm thinking of bringing. Checked out AirBnB (WHICH IS AWESOME) and booked a place for the first night in Reykjavik, and booked this little gem for the other nights in Vik, where "Holocene" is filmed. (See previous posts if you don't know what I'm taking about)


http://booking.com/4b8df9cf5443eHótel Dyrhólaeyhttp://booking.com/4b8df9cf5443e



I also organized most of the garage sale stuff. Sold our table and chairs, arranged for our TV and sofa to get picked up and paid for. So, now I am left with the issue of getting the sofa out the door....I guess I will have to wait and see how that ends up!

No comments:

Post a Comment