Tuesday, October 15, 2013

What a weekend.


So I finally got my yellow fever shot last Thursday and I am finally feeling normal again. The day after we went to a model village called Butser where they had lots of goats and straw huts.. It shows what life was like back in roman times. Unfortunately due to the side effects of my shot I felt awful while we were there. I decided life in those times was probably hard, cold, and terrible. That may have been the yellow fever talking...
I still haven't gotten my wish to hike yet, but that's the issue you face when you don't have a car. It's nice to walk everywhere and not spend money on gas and whatnot, but for when you want to go to a random trail off the motorway it's tough. Especially when there is only one bus that goes there daily... Maybe we can hitch a ride with one of Paul's friends and get dropped there.. One has actually offered and I think we should take him up on it. :) 

Saturday Paul and I did a pretty intense workout and got our photo snapped by the trainer, Bic. Here is the pic from Bic of Xstream Fitness.... Definitely a doozie of a workout, and whatever yellow fever was still left from my vaccine was surely sweated out!


We had a fun weekend that included a surprise trip to Brighton to see Suzi, Paul's little brilliant sister. She is getting her PhD in breast cancer research, and she knows how to have a good time...what a girl!! We only stayed the night, but, we had a lot of fun. While I somewhat feel like I am back in college again due to the total lack of responsibility (minus budgeting and paying bills at home) and current employment status, I definitely cannot live like I did back then. I am so used to taking care of my body ...being careful of  what I put in and getting a little sweat in everyday, that when I deviate from that routine I cannot be a productive part of society the next day. Or I am just getting old... Regardless, we had a great time in Brighton and I wished we could have spent more time there. Here are some highlights from that night... 
As you can see the night progressed to me doing some sort of weird pose and Paul making faces into the kebab shop. I ate a entire falafel kebab and was glad it was a rainy day the next day..........

If you want to see more photos than what I post on here, friend me on Facebook or follow me on Instagram.. @mchophop

Since our return to Portsmouth, we have recouped from our quick trip and have been enjoying the sunshine.. Paul gets his dose of yellow fever tomorrow and I hope he doesn't have the reaction I did.. The we head to London  to see one of our fave bands, the Local Natives, and head back for a big dinner with all of Paul's friends and their wives... All I know is I will not put myself through the ringer as I did this past weekend. Wish me luck!

Local natives....

http://youtu.be/NmefFcRJbXE

No comments:

Post a Comment